Marketing & Communications Internship
Spring 2014 Application Deadline: November 15, 2014.
Summer 2014 Application Deadline: March 7, 2014.
Get hands-on experience in the events and dance industry through an internship at Dance Follies Events working in events organization and administration, marketing, communications, partnerships and development.
Founded in 2011 in Paris, Dance Follies Events is a fast growing company
Dance Follies Events is seeking college students and recent graduates interested in learning how an events start-up operates from the inside out. The experience will enhance participants’ abilities to shape sustainable, creative careers. Interns are selected to do a variety of tasks which will allow you to have your hands on everything and find out what really interests you for the future. Internships are available with housing provided, or if you are located in the Los Angeles metropolitan area consider we could consider a non-housing option depending on the situation!
Benefits of a Dance Follies Events Internship:
Dance Follies Events’ internship program provides employment experience that has helped hundreds of individuals begin a professional career in the events and dance industry. Other benefits include:
- Gain valuable work experience. Gain hands on work experience in the events and dance community.
- Have an edge in the job market. Hands-on internship experience sets you apart from others.
- Transition into a job. The fast-growing pace of our company means that we will be able to recruit for part-time and full-time jobs.
- Networking opportunities. Meet journalists, disover upscale venues and upscale partners we work with.
- Gain confidence. If an interviewer asks if you know how to do something, you won’t say, “I think I would be able to do that” but can say “absolutely” and supplement your assertion with examples.
- Decide if this is the right career for you. Doing an internship is a great way to find out if working in the events industry is for you.
Requirements of a Dance Place Internship:
- Have an interested and basic knowledge of dance
- Knowledge of social networks
- 20-25 hours per week (M-S between 9am - 5pm)
- Must be available Mondays 11am-12:30pm and Fridays for staff/intern meetings
How to Apply:
Email the following materials to email@example.com
- Cover letter- Specifying 2 areas of interest and housing or non-housing option
- Resume (if applicable also submit your dance resume)
- One letter of recommendation
2014 Program Dates:
- Spring Session: January 6th- May 11th (Application deadline: November 15th, 2013)
- Summer Session: May 19th- August 16th(Application deadline: March 7th, 2014)
- Fall Session: August 25th- December 19th